Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A "Splinter" in Time


I know the title is corny and many of you may not know who the rat is but I have to amuse my self some how. Steve's transplant has been postponed until Sunday. I'm not sure if I mentioned in an earlier post about the very large splinter Steve got in his hand about 7 weeks ago, between his thumb and forefinger in the "webby" area. It was huge! I pulled it out thinking I got it all. But it never completely healed even with all of the antibiotics. We've been showing it to "all" of the doctors and they just kept saying, "We'll keep an eye on it"!

So yesterday before we started the admission process I asked the nurse to look at his hands one more time (his self inflicted, nail trimming wound is still red). At long last the day comes for him to be admitted and they finally decide to lance it and see whats going on. Go figure! The nurse pulled out several tiny bits of wood and cleaned out the wound. We are very thankfull she did. Something as small as a splinter can be very dangerous for a transplant patient. Infections are their greatest risk to a successful outcome. Come this Friday they will look at his hands again and if all is well we check in on Sunday.
God is good all the time. All the time God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Noah had problems with splinters too? I'm going to the men's prayer time tonight. I'll make sure we all are praying for Steve (as well as for Deanna). I'll keep coming back to see what's gong on. Love,
    Jerry Zell

    ReplyDelete