Thursday, May 13, 2010

Other then Myeloma.....

There is more going on in our lives then dealing with Myeloma so I thought I'd share a few things with you and maybe you might get to know us better. I'll try and keep it on a lighter note! I don't know about you but when I read other blogs I enjoy seeing pictures. So here are a few!

Steve is big on notes. So big that he would have notes all over the house. On the walls, counters, washer, dryer, everywhere. Notes to remind him, notes with lists, notes about notes. After we were married he started leaving me notes. I've never thown any away. I kept them all. The notes are filled with love, encouragement and humor......



I have always wanted a cookie jar. I remember the cookie jar my mom had. It was kinda round, it was white with raised images of different cookies all over and the lid had a walnut as a handle. She still has the cookie jar! I'm told it's as old as my sister Denise (47) now that's old! Here is my very first cookie jar. Got it for Mother's day from my hubbie. And look another note!



Steve and I like to ride motorcycles. But since his diagnosis we haven't been on our bikes. Steve has been pushing himself to stay busy. As he often says "I'm moving forward". He's renewed the insurance, cleaned the bikes and ordered some new boots. Here he is lowing my forks so I won't be on my tippie toes. It sure is good seeing him tinkering again:-)




I enjoy crocheting and usually when I start a project I get bored and don't finish it. Here is an afghan I started in September, stopped some time in December and just recently began working on it again. I promise it will be finished soon (as long as the slippers don't get in the way)!


As you can probably tell from my previous posts, Steve and I are christians. We love the Lord, we love reading His Word, serving at our church and attending service every Saturday night. Our faith is what keeps us going. Do we have questions? Sure. But we don't have to have all the answers in order to trust God. Are we perfect? No. But were not expected to be. We have a hope that can never be taken away. I would rather know where I'm going when I die then to live a life of uncertainty. Knowing God is in control is very reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment