Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day # 3 of MPT Treatment

Hi Everyone! Steve started his treatment on Friday morning. It was very uneventful. It was like taking your morning vitamins. Get a glass of water, count your pills and swallow. The only difference was we prayed before he took his pills. I'm sure many of you would agree this the the MOST important step! Amen

The Predisonse didn't waste anytime in "speeding" up Steve's day!. He called me around 12:00 pm and told me he was feeling a little weird and very hyper! This lasted all day. The Thalidamide has the opposite effect. He takes it in the evening because it has a tendency to make you tired. He slept well and after breakfast he was ready for a nap! At least until the Prednisone kicked in. Whew! What a roller coaster tide. I'm tired just thinking about it.

He's still feeling some effects from the Zometa he received on Tuesday. The Zometa is a bone strengthener that he is scheduled to receive every month.
Gotta go the Prednisonse is calling!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Steve & Deanne,
    This is my very first blog, if indeed this can be called a blog? I want you both to know that you are daily in my prayers and because my God is VERY old (He's Jewish) he is very wise and very smart,so he should be able to solve this problem!!!!!! He is working on it!!! It was lovely to see Drew last week and I feel he will do well. He too is on my prayer list as are all your children! May God bless you with strength and inner peace. With my love .....Dr Ruthie Toothie.

    ReplyDelete