Friday, October 22, 2010

Steve Looks Good, Huh?

I brought my camera along with us today so I can add pictures to the blog and keep things more interesting. But first I asked my husband for his permission. I don't want to do anything with out him knowing. We'll see what he says after he loses all his hair! He received "a lot" of cytoxan today. A least that's what the nurse said to the other nurse. When you hear something like that you kinda wonder.



As you know from my earlier post we had an uncertain morning. Once we heard it was a go we were able to relax a bit before we had to leave. It wasn't until we were almost on the freeway that we realized Steve had not taken the prednisone. We rushed back home and still made it to UCLA with a few minutes to spare! We shared an infusion "suite" with a beautiful young lady who is also preparing for a stem cell transplant. While we were there for only 4 hours, she was already "hooked" up when we arrived! We had an enjoyable time talking to her and I think it actually made the time go by faster.

Tomorrow a nurse will come over and show us how to administer the neuprogen. He'll get two shots a day between now and the last day they need to harvest his stem cells. I heard another "that's a lot" from the Walgreen's representative while the guy was explaining the dosages to me. When you think of "a lot" of something what comes to your mind? To me a stadium full of people is "a lot" of people, the ants that live in and around my house are "a lot" of ants. Last year I had "a lot" of weeds in my backyard (I mean A LOT!). "A lot" takes on a whole new meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment